Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 22, 2011

What Did I Receive From Today's Reading?---- Him

"I urge you in the sight of God,..and Christ Jesus Who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power.  Amen." (1 Tim. 6:13-16; I deliberately left out italicized words)

God the Father is He Whom, "no man hath seen, nor can see...." (sorry Joe Smith).  God the Son Jesus, is, "the only Begotten (one-and-only) God," Who, "became flesh and dwelt among us," as, "the only Begotten (one-and-only) God," of the Godhead Whom men have seen-------- and will see again!  Our text declares that it was God the Son, Jesus, "Who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession," openly, seen, testified to by history, "who was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory" (3:16).  Let me be extremely, very clear here:  It is only Trinitarian Theology which separates Christianity and all, repeat, all religions of the world.  And, it is only Trinitarian Theology which separates, "the faith of Jesus," from all deceptive cults, claiming the Christian Faith as theirs.  Listen for it; read it;  judge by it, yes, judge.  If we don't, the great deception warned of in Sacred Writ will overtake us. 

These are God's, "words;...life to those who find them, and health (medicine) to all their flesh."  It is; He Is.  This was "just" from my quarterly, latter New Testament reading, waiting for me today.  "What did you get from that?"
What did I get?-------- Him.  That is all I read the Bible for.  If any "ideas," principles, etc., come, that's good.  But the Bible is not for you and me to receive great ideas, sermons/teaching, be a better parent, spouse.  The Bible has the same purpose as Peter said of our Lord Jesus Christ, "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but make alive by the Spirit."

I leave you with a weekend blessing from Father, "to" Whom the Word of God, our Lord Jesus, and the Holy Spirit brought me today--- "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen."  Jesus will, "....keep you.., present you...."  That is really all I need to know today.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for keeping me and presenting me; I cannot do that myself.  Amen.
***********************
New Article at:     www.apf327.blogspot.com  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive