Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Number One Qualification of a "Leader"

"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me....'" (Matthew 4:19a)

This is how it all begins, one could even say before conversion, the New Birth, the sinner's prayer------- "Follow Me."  To become a child of God, to be, "born again," to, "be saved," one must obey certain commands, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ," and, "To as many as received Him," and, "If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,"------ This is the language of following, which is, by the way, the language of obedience.  

The call of a disciple of Jesus Christ is to follow, not lead.  The number one priority in leadership qualification is following.  The "best" leader is the best follower.  I have written before that whenever people refer to someone as a "follower," it is never good, "Oh, he/she is a follower."  Yet Jesus said, "If any man serve Me, let him follow Me, and where I am there will my servant be also."  We could say, "Where I am, there will my servant be also," because he "followed" Me "there." 

Today I examine what I am about in life.  Am I "there" because of, "Follow Me"?  If so, I am in the perfect center of Jesus Christ's will. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me in the, "Follow Me," check today.  Amen.
*****************
See "word" of Prime Minister Netanyahu to young Jews in the USA:     afp327.blogspot

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive