Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 6, 2011

"If You Remain Silent"--- BUT HE WON'T

"To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me.  For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit." (Psalm 28:1, NIV)

The only, "deaf ear," in the relationship is ours.  Our Lord Jesus Christ, is always speaking.  His very Name, "The Word of God," reveals that the Eternal One is the Ever-Communicating One.  What Glorious love and saving power--- "God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity"!  

The psalmist was fearful that if the Word of God remained silent, he would, "go down to the pit."  But no fear, David, the, "voice of the Lord [Jesus Christ]," is life now, life eternal, ever speaking.  Every time David read or heard the Torah, he was hearing the Glorious, Powerful, Loving, Beautiful, "Word of God," the Voice of Him Who Alone Is, "My Shepherd, I shall not want."  

The Words of Jesus ring throughout the universe continually, "I am The Resurrection and The Life....I Am...The Life."  Life, the intended Life which the Blessed Trinity revealed during the Creation of the heavens and the earth, is only in Jesus Christ; it is nowhere else.  So today, if you and I just continue to, "run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus," we will never be without what so many erroneously call "a fresh word from the Lord."  Every Word in the, "God-Breathed," Scriptures is fresh, "new every morning," because they are Words of the Resurrected, Living Lord Jesus Christ, Word of Our Father, healing and delivering and saving and preserving and keeping safe and comforting and direction-giving and life sustaining------ and------- and............

Father, in Jesus' Name, You Are all the "fresh" I need.  Amen.
****************
New Articles at:   www.apf327.blogspot.com  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive