Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"A Great and Effective Door Has Opened to Me"-- Now What?

"For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries." (1 Corinthians 16:9)

What Follower of Jesus Christ does not know this to be true?  "Great and effective door"[s] bring, "many adversaries."  The enemy of mankind does not slumber nor sleep, because he knows that, "He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."  The greater that, "great and effective door," the greater the, "many adversaries."  This is war.  

People who seem to live without, "many adversaries," are probably those who are not entering that, "great and effective door," which our Lord Jesus has opened to them.  The battle reveals just how much you and I are in the quest for souls and, dare I say, the anointing upon us.  

One possible application of our text could be that if there are, "many adversaries," in your life today, there must be, "a great and effective door," somewhere for you.  Keep your eyes open.

(I have been invited to a meeting with Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Mormons, et. al. Sunday June 12.  Today's text was in my regular reading for yesterday, and today I received the invitation.  I guess I really have no choice.)

Father, in Jesus' Name, grant me grace each day to see that, "great and effective door."  Amen.  
***********
News, Commentary:   www.apf327.blogspot.com

"When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive