Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Book of Hebrews' Manifesto

"So Christ has now become the High Priest over all the good things that have come....Once for all time He took blood into that Most Holy Place, but not the blood of goats and calves.  He took His Own Blood, and with it He secured our salvation forever....Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our hearts from deeds that lead to death so that we can worship the Living God....Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins." (From Hebrews 9, NLT)
 
God told Moses, "when I see the blood, I will pass over you," not, "when I see your twenty-hour days," or, "when I see just how big your church has become."  It is forever the reality of the Universe that forgiveness of sin, "peace with God," and with men, entrance into the Kingdom, and names in the, "Book of Life," is through the Blood of Jesus Christ.  The modern church has pretty much replaced this.  The television church, particularly, reveals a new "Christianity."  The Christ-centered message has been replaced by a me-centered one, a better you, a better bank account, a better ministry.   
 
The Book of Hebrews, on the other hand, as all Scripture, is all about Jesus Christ, centers the message, the emphasis, the preeminence in Jesus Christ. Our text says that Jesus, "secured our salvation forever."  In Jesus Christ I am not saved today and lost tomorrow.  When I received Jesus, I received, "secured...salvation"-- Hallelujah.  Hebrews 9 tells us of Jesus, "Nor did He enter heaven to offer Himself again and again, like the earthy high priest.... He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us."  What glorious news for you and me today; Jesus Christ, "came...to remove the power of sin----- forever."  Personally, I prefer this Gospel.   
  
Father, in Jesus' Name, I freely confess that I could never, "have been brought near," by anything of me, only You.  Amen.
*************************************
WARNING: Do not get too excited about Mubarek's resignation.  The Muslim Brotherhood is standing in the foyer--- www.apf327.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive