Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"With a Song in My Heart"

"....The creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."  (Rom. 8:21)
 
I have been with family over the past week, and my out-of-date laptop is not working properly; hence, the infrequent communication.  Over the time with some of our family, I watched "The Sound of Music" with my granddaughters.  It's their favorite movie.  I just pray that such innocence will continue. 
 
"The sweetest sounds I'll ever hear are still inside my head."  These are the opening words of a song by Oscar Hammerstein and Richard Rogers.  They speak of a person who has yet to find love and happiness in life.  And since the Fall, it has been a "song" of humanity.  We are a specie who has so much trapped inside us, so much longing, so much neediness, and we are incapable of "release" until Jesus Christ, Who broke the power of Satan, the power of sin and rebellion, comes into our being.  From that moment on, the release of all that Our Creator had in mind for us from the beginning can now come forth into glorious beauty, and we can come, "into the glorious liberty of the children of God."    
 
Listen to that "song" in you today.  It is birthed in Jesus Christ---- so much to be done, so much to be sung, so much to be released.  The world who can only sing longingly of love and happiness can only see the possibility of it all when they encounter the same Jesus Christ who lives in you-------- Sing.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for the "song in my heart."  Amen.
************************************
New, Revealing articles at:    www.apf327.blogspot.com 
 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive