Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"In God, Whose Word I Praise," i.e., Obey

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can mere man do to me?" (Psalm 56:4, NASB)

The Psalm begins by David speaking of his enemies.  They, "would swallow me up; fighting all day he oppresses me."  They, "would hound me all day, for there are many who fight against me...."  Literally, the enemy, "pants as a raging beast."  David's response?-- "In God, whose word I praise,..I have put my trust...."  Or, "In God I will boast in His word," or, "shine forth His word."

As I read some news today I prayed Psalm 56 for the safe rescue of all the Chilean miners, "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you," and for the total failure of the human embryonic stem cell experiments, "All day long they distort my words."  Adult stem cell treatments have already proven successful and require no murder of human life.  The abortionist, however, pushes for embryonic stem cell procedures because if successful they will then advocate even more murderous procedures.  He, "pants as a raging beast."  The panting, "raging beast," is the slave of the Satanic world view which rejects or distorts the Word of God, Jesus Christ, "whose word I praise."  If the Christian church continues to praise/obey anything or everything above, "His Word," the resulting world will make Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia look like Sunday School picnics.

The coming US election gives America one more chance to, "praise His word," by bringing forth, "fruits worthy of repentance," a repentance for the embrace of a president and a deceptive Congress, both of which advocate embryonic stem cell procedures and the murder of even late term children, "as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother."  People sitting in church buildings on Sunday mornings who continue to mouth songs, "worship," preach, or do anything else which has the appearance of godliness, yet continue to approve of those who are the exact opposite of Jesus Christ, and praise and approve everyone and everything but, "God, whose word I praise," will not be able to, as the Psalm concludes, "walk before God in the light of the living."  This is reserved for the obedient, for those who not only say, but live, "In God, whose word I praise," i.e.,----- obey.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You have manifested Yourself In Your Word, Jesus Christ, Whom, "I praise."  Amen.
*************************************
For A Jew's Perspective on War and Peace:   www.apf327.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive