Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 12, 2010

"My Heart is Fixed"-- on Jesus Christ, His Cross, His Blood, His Resurrection;

"They set a net for my steps; my very life was bowed downThey dug a pit in my way....My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident!  I will sing and make melody."
(Psalm. 57:6,7- Amplified Bible)

This is victorious living in Jesus Christ.  David is a prime example for any Follower of Jesus Christ.  You know by now that people will indeed, "
set a net for my steps," that rejection, even persecution, is the life of a soul absolutely surrendered to Jesus Christ.  The evil of this present world system will dig, "a pit in my way."  The greatest response?--- "My heart is fixed....Sing and make melody."  Whistling in the dark?-- For many people it is, because they do not walk in Jesus Christ, but in their own concept of religion.  But not so for the one "in whom Jesus Christ lives."  This is resurrection victory.  This is the victory of the Cross, the empty tomb, The Ascended Christus Victor!  "It is finished!"   My dear friend, what is left to do?--- "sing and make melody"!

David was indeed a warrior, and we are called to, "
fight the good fight of faith."  But, "though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh."  So much warring today is nervous flesh energy.  We war in the "God-Breathed" Word, in the Holy Spirit in our spirits, in the Cross of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus, the death of Jesus, His resurrection, ascension and soon return to do battle with those who did not, "seek first the Kingdom," but who were just pit diggers.

I am currently reading a biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and took great encouragement this morning when I read an observation which he made of American preaching while studying at Union Seminary. "In New York they preach about virtually everything, only one thing is not addressed, or is addressed so rarely that I have as yet been unable to hear it, namely, the gospel of Jesus Christ, the cross, sin and forgiveness, death and life."  Bonhoeffer affirmed the Biblical truth that victory in life comes only in Jesus Christ, the cross, forgiveness of sin, and, "
He who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me...shall not come into judgment but has passed from death into life."  For me, it is only because of this I can, "sing and make melody."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for, "
so great a cloud of witnesses."  My I continue the tradition.  Amen.
***********************************
Kingdom News at:     www.apf327.blogspot.com
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive