Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"From and After the Day and Hour Just Named" You Are Mine (Jesus)

"So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?'  He said to Him, 'Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.'  He said to him, 'Feed My lambs.'" (John 21:15)

In response to Peter's answer to Jesus' next two interrogatories, Jesus says, "
Tend My Sheep," and, "Feed My sheep."  These Words of Jesus to Peter were not suggestions.  They were commands, as are all the Words of the Bible.  According to the Bible, ...."Man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD"--------- "everything."  Man dies when he decides he can live by what comes from himself.  When you and I received Jesus Christ into our very beings, that was the last "voluntary" decision we made.  From that moment on we were Christ's.  We became, "children of God," not of ourselves or anyone else, citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven.  The "God-Breathed" Word tells us that from the moment Jesus Christ came into our hearts, we were free from sin and bondage to Satan.  The Word then tells us, "Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use is as bondslaves of God"---- yes, you read correctly, "bondslaves of God," yes, "bondslaves," no rights, no self appointed decisions, no vote, no arguing, no nothing, just total obedience to Master Jesus.

This is totally contrary to the way most Americans view life.  "No man's going to tell me what to do," or, "I guess I showed him," or, "We all have a free will to do as we please."  Profundo Americano, but all absolutely contrary in the, "
Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ."
I cannot forget the wording on the WWI draft notice which I shared yesterday.  This is exactly what "went down" when I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ.  I take some liberty-- "You will, therefore, report to the local" playground for a Child Evangelism tent meeting, at 13:00hrs, on July 10, 1953.  "From and after the day and hour just named you will be a soldier in the military of the" Kingdom of God.
Any questions?

Father, in Jesus' Name, I will probably never know a, Why? to Your choosing, but I do give you my life.  Amen.
******************************



When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive