Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I Came...[As a Separator]"

"Then Jesus said, I came into this world for judgment [as a Separator, in order that there may be separation between those who believe on Me and those who reject Me], to make the sightless see and to make those who see become blind." (John 9:35, Amplified Bible) 
 
Interesting interpretation of our text---- "as a Separator."  Biblical Theology teaches that this is not the purpose, but rather the result of Jesus' coming.  The Bible teaches that there are two categories of personages in the earth, those who don't see but think they do, and those who think they don't but do.  It is pride vs. humility, presumption vs. man-does-not-understand-what-he-thinks-he-does.  The former never come to Jesus Christ and submit to the Word of God because they already know everything they want to know.  The latter, well, they appear dumb and severely handicapped to the others, but are really prime candidates for the King and His Kingdom---------- "'I came'...[as a Separator]"--- "a Separator" between the know-it-alls, and the "I-really-don't-know-anything."
 
Last night I was looking at the heavens, stars, beautiful cloud formations, then the appearing of the moon over the ridge--- "When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained"------- I just cannot comprehend, it's that simple.  Many people talk of "believing in God" as though they do comprehend.  They talk of belief in God in a carefree, of-course-I-do, I-grasp-everything sort of way.  Yet pride blinds them to the reality that no person left to himself could ever "believe in God."  There is only one possibility.  It is only those, "who in Him," or, "because of Him (Jesus Christ) believe in God.
 
My "belief in God" is all WONDER.  Understand Him in His fullness?-- No;  understand how a Being is eternal, i.e., no beginning?-- No; how His Presence fills just what I was able to see last night?--- No, how He lives in my heart and became continual, "rivers of living water," in me?--- No.  Accept it all?-----------------------------------------------------YES.  
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, in the great separation of humanity, I thank You that in Your Grace through the Blood of Jesus, I am in. Amen.
******************************************************
New Article at:    www.apf327.blogspot.com
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive