Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Encouragement In Very Troubled Times

"To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father; to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.  Amen.  Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him.  Even so.  Amen'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'" (Revelation 1:5b-8, NKJV-NASB)
 
It is at this time in the quarter that I am in "The Revelation of St. John the Divine."  Our text, indeed, the whole Revelation, should be ample reason to say there is absolutely no reason to ever be discouraged.  You may remember Chambers' famous quote, "Discouragement is another form of self love."  Yes, we are to love ourselves, for our Lord Jesus affirms the Levitical command, "....You shall love him (neighbor) as yourself...."  But that love should not be so distorted as to make our "little world" the center of the universe.  The Living Triune God, revealed in Jesus Christ, "the Alpha and the Omega," is the Great Bookends of our lives.  "Fear not....I have the keys of hell and of death." 
 
Everything Jesus Christ speaks to you and me He speaks in the eternal realm.  That is where I need to live and stay.  When I do, nothing in this present age can shake me, discourage me, defeat me.  If you not living there, I invite you to "enter by the Blood of the Lamb," Jesus.  Live in the eternal in the Eternal One.  It is only there that we are untouchable.  "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.  He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.  You shall not be afraid...." 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I rest in You today.  Amen.  
***********************************
To Keep up with the daily prophetic news, go to:
                    www.apf327.blogspot.com
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive