Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 17, 2010

"Deliver [America] From Bloodguiltiness, O God"

"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions." (Psalm 51:1, KJV)

I prayed Psalm 51 this morning, as I do quite regularly.  For example, I pray, "
Purge me 'in the Blood of Jesus' and I shall be clean; wash me 'in the Blood of Jesus' and I shall be whiter than snow."  But today, after reading an article about Obama's Supreme Court nominee, I prayed Psalm 51 for America. 

I have been following the present process of the next US Supreme
Court nominee, Elena Kagan, another advocate of the murder of the unborn as a reproductive right.  She once worked for Justice Thurgood Marshall, one of the most activist jurists in Supreme Court history.  She has referred to Marshall as, "the greatest lawyer of the 20th century."  Here is an example of this "greatest lawyer."  He once wrote in a dissenting High Court opinion on abortion, "An unwanted child may be disruptive and destructive of the life of any woman."  I cannot recall ever reading such a pit-of-Hell description of abortion.  The abortionists murder an unborn child so that the very child they have murdered will not be a "disruptive and destructive" force in their self- centered, self indulgent lives.  Make no mistake; the issue of rape, incest, health of the mother, are the least of their concerns.  What
is of their concern is that little--------------- "disruptive and destructive." I I did not always believe this, I must admit.  But decades ago the Lord Jesus gave me a look into the whole abortion issue, and I saw an evil which I simply cannot describe.  Psalm 51:14 says, "Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God...."  America has already killed more people than Hitler and Stalin combined.

Now Obama is attempting to continue in the same philosophy of life as Thurgood Marshal, to put on the Supreme Court of the United States of America a woman who holds to Marshal's and Obama's view of the "disruptive and destructive" little lives who were, as my Dad use to call babies, "candidates for Eternity."  What an obvious difference between a Kingdom of Light person and a Kingdom of Darkness person. 

America, indeed, most of the nations of the world have the blood of millions and millions of babies on their hands.  God will not allow this to go unpunished.  "
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest."  If I may speak of feelings here; the cleansing of confession, the confession which seeks the absolution of sin in the Blood of Jesus, by our High Priest, Jesus Christ, is unsurpassed.  Oh, America, America! 

Father, in Jesus' Name, for the years I was silent, "
deliver me from bloodguiltiness...."  Amen.
*************************************
If You Don't Read Each Day, You Won't Be Able to Keep Up:
                                   www.apf327.blogspot.com
                                   www.apfjw.blogspot.com
Devotional Archive:     www.apfdevotionals.blogspot.com

When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive