Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 12, 2010

Why Do People Stumble in Life?

"They stumble because they are disobedient to the word...." (1 Peter 2:8, NASB)

After our son, Stephen, died, I could have stumbled.  But after six weeks in a sort of "catatonic" state, the Lord Jesus spoke to my heart and said, "You can sit here the rest of your life and pity yourself; or you can get up and follow Me."  By His Grace, I did.

People who stumble, backslide, or just quit cannot blame pastors, false prophets, parents, discouragement, or their lot in life.   If we believe our text, "....T
hey stumble (backslide, quit, give up) because they are disobedient to the word." 

It is just a recurring theme in the Bible, isn't it?  "
I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.  He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock.  When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me from making excuses.  Amen.
********************************
* News, Commentary:                    www.apf327.blogspot.com
* Jerusalem Watch:                    www.apfjerusalemwatch.blogspot.com


When Peter Torjesen, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive