Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, March 29, 2010

So You Desire True Worship"

"They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness." (Psalm 145:7)
 
"Thy righteousness," Is Jesus Christ, the Only Righteous One, referred to in Scripture as, "the Righteousness of God."  What wondrous singing! 
 
Our text today is from my "favorite" Psalm, and this time through I took particular note of our text.  For me the best way to, "sing of thy righteousness," and just sing of and to the Blessed Trinity in general, is described in 1 Corinthians 14, the anathema to most of modern evangelical Christianity.  Verse 15 says, "What is it then?  I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also; I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also."  About 45 years ago I learned that there is a different kind of praying and singing from what I had known, "I will pray with the spirit....I will sing with the spirit."  I learned that this kind of praying and singing is that which begins in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and continues in the power of the Holy Spirit.
 
I first witnessed this in a Full Gospel Business Men's banquet meeting in Youngstown, Ohio, in the mid 1960s.  My honest first impression was, "I have found the Church."  It seemed like the singing of Heaven, maybe some of that which is referred to in the Book of Revelation.  Later, when I received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, I too entered that "realm" of praying and singing.  Today, I don't hear that any more in Church gatherings.  Could it be that we need to control our worship?  Could it be that the individual has once again in Church History become the focal point, though many might protest that we entered into a "more perfect" worship a few decades ago?  It seems, "with the spirit," has surrendered to, "with the understanding."  
 
To, "sing of thy righteousness...with my spirit," I need no overhead screen, no hymnal, no high powered worship leader, nor worship team.  Needed, whether gathered with the Church or in my vehicle, is The Indwelling Presence of the Blessed Trinity, then ------------------------- "out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I forever, "shall abundantly utter the memory of Thy great goodness, and shall sing of Thy righteousness."  Amen.
***************************************
You're getting behind in your prophetic news, aren't you?  Go to:
 
 
When an 18 year old Norwegian "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive