Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I Am Jesus...You Will Be Told What You Must Do"

"'Who are you, Lord?' Saul asked.  'I am Jesus....Now get up and go.... (From Acts 9:5, 6-NIV)

We are all getting older.  In fact, I don't believe I have very many people on our e-mail list under the age of 30, let alone under 20.  I would like to.  None of us know how long we have before the close of the age, 100 years, 10 years, 10 minutes.  What we
do know is that this age will close, "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye...."  There is a hymn we used to sing in my tradition, "Work for the Night is Coming."  We must, because it is.   

Saul's question in our text received an answer he probably did not expect.  Jesus did not say, "
I am Jesus"; how are you?  No small talk here.  He said, "I am Jesus....Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."  Perhaps, "I am Jesus....Now get up and"------------- I will show you what to do about it.

Everyone one of us have a "what to do about it."  Jesus says to all His Followers, "
You are witnesses of these things."  That is our work, our, "Now get up and...you will be told what you must do."  It may not be preaching on street corners, going door to door passing out tracts, or opening a homeless shelter.  But it will mean, "Get up and...you will be told what you must do."  And be assured; If you are a lover of the Word of God------------------- you will not have to wait long to "be told."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for the clarity of Your Word.  May my hearing be as clear!  Amen.
**********************************
* (Some have inquired about the procedure to forward devotionals from our blog.  Scroll down to the bottom of the article and you will see an envelope icon.  Just click on that.)
* News Blog:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
* Devotional:     www.apfdevotionals.blogspot.com

Eighteen year old Norwegian, Peter Torjesen, "when he heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive