Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"He...Makes The Grass Grow In Mountain Pastures"

"He covers the heavens with clouds, provides rain for the earth, and makes the grass grow in mountain pastures ." (Ps. 147:8-NLT))

When our middle child was around 9 years old, she was praying before bed time once and prayed something like this-- "Lord, I thank You for the suuun, and the mooon, and the raaain, and the grass."  I remember thinking, "How cute."  As I walked out the door, I could hear the Lord Jesus saying to me, "When was the last time you thanked me for those things?"  If you are too spiritual to thank the Lord God for the "suuun, and the mooom, and the raaain, and the grass"-----  you're too spiritual.  

"
He provides rain for the earth...."  I am sure you have seen areas of the world in draught, and have experienced dry seasons in your part of the world.  Things don't grow without rain.  Life on earth would cease to exist without rain.  I am tempted to get really spiritual here and make the application of "the washing of water with the word."  Perhaps some other time.  But today, in this self complicated world, demanding more than Jesus Christ every intended us to have in this life, I think you and I just need to be thankful for something that little girl was thankful for, and, by the way, without which you and I would live but a few days.  

The next time you are anxious about losing employment, losing those retirement benefits, your health care, your savings, the next time you are tempted to complain about how inadequate the pastor, the worship, and the church building are, just remember that millions upon millions of people have survived throughout human history without all of the aforementioned----------------------- None have survived without water.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You provide "
rain for the earth."  Amen.
*****************************
*     October 16-25:     Volunteer with the Israeli Defense Forces
*     October 30-16:     Berlin/Albania Mission
*     News You Need:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive