Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Where Is Your Delight?

"I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word."
(Psalm 119:16-NIV)
 
One could say, "Because 'I delight in your decrees[,] I will not neglect your word.'"  One of the meanings of the Hebrew word for, "delight," in our text is, "to fondle."  Does the modern church have this "delight" in the "God-Breathed" Word?   
 
Let me reiterate.  The Word of God is not a book.  The Word of God is a Person, the Person of the Living King and Savior Jesus Christ.  The Book is the revelation of the Person.  Stop asking, "What would Jesus do?" and start asking, "What does Jesus say?"  When we will know "everything(word) that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD," then, we will know what to do.  Frankly, many people who ask, "What would Jesus do?" cannot handle what Jesus is doing in the earth. 
 
Our text reveals the intimate relationship a Believer in the Living Triune God has with and in the Word of God.  A lot of people say good things, very good things about "The Word of God."  Yet few read The Word; even fewer read daily; and even fewer have ever read the entire "God-Breathed" Word.  Reality check- What I do is my "delight," not what I sayAccording to our text, if I really do "delight in [Father's] decrees," I make His Word my daily priority.  I will do nothing if I neglect His Word and I will say nothing if I neglect His Word, because if the Word of God is not my daily "delight," what I say and do is meaningless. 
 
I assert that the root meaning of, " Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart," is not some jumping around, clapping, hand waving, gushy feeling kind of delight.  It is, "I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your Word."   
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, You see my heart.  May I have this written there.  Amen.
*****************************************
News, Commentary:    www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive