Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's All In There

"Strangers are attacking me; ruthless men seek my life-- men without regard for God.  Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." (Psalm 54:3, 4)

Reading through the Psalms one can get the impression of utter chaos in the life of the psalmists.  "
Strangers" and "ruthless" people attacking me, yet in the midst of it, "God is my help--the one who sustains me." The Psalms are full of emotional swings, of faith and questions, some would even say, doubt, despair and absolute joy, defeat and victory, condemnation and forgiveness, the greatest declaration of the glory of God (145), and, the feeling of total abandonment (22), it's all there.  But through all of the battles of life all of the psalmists could say with David of our Lord Jesus Christ, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want.

One of the "proofs" of the Bible's inspiration is the refusal of the Word of God to cover up all of this.  When you read the Bible the thought could occur, "I don't know if I would have put that in there."  But our Lord reveals man and his Maker in the walk of life.   He gives us "
great and precious promises," as He also reveals the deepest struggles of man. 

Give yourself to the Breath of Life today, the Word of God, and you will never be without revelation, inspiration, and strength to face all of life.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for all I need to "have" in life.  Amen.
****************************    
antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

Blog Archive