Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 6, 2009

"And My Life"

"Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food. (Jesus)

"18 year old, Peter Torjesen, when he heard the call to evangelize China on that day, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"  I have shared this witness before.  I have it written on my online calendar and move it from week to week to keep it ever before me. 

Many evangelicals believe that Jesus saves us "
through faith,.. not of works, lest any man should boast."  But let me tell you; life itself is "by faith not of works-------------------lest any man should boast."  Jesus sends us out into life in general, not just the mission field, with the command, "But seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you."  Faith, obedience accepts this and lives accordingly.  Peter's commitment that day was an incarnation of "seek first the kingdom of God"----------------------------------- "and my life."

Father, in Jesus' Name,--------------- "and my life."  Amen.
********************     
The best news coverage is at:  www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive