Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Starting Point Of Knowledge

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  (Proverbs 1:7)

It's really quite simple, isn't it.  If I want knowledge (literally, "perception, skill"), I must start at the God-Appointed "Beginning."  Mankind has been on the quest for knowledge since the Garden, but continually rejects The Source.  Satan said, "You want knowledge?  I give you the tree.  Don't listen to that one who comes here in the 'cool of the day.'  Listen to me.  If you are going to have true knowledge, you must discover it for yourself.  You are special.  In fact, if you get the 'knowledge' I offer, 'you will be as gods!'  Some results of this lie?---------Darwinism---------------------------- and modern America.

History reveals just how cursed the human race has been for believing The Lie in the Garden.  Man in rebellion opted and still opts for the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil."  It is a tree from which he cannot live; "....For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." 

Our text today contrasts The Knowledge which originates in "the fear of the LORD," Jesus Christ, and that which originates in the heart of undisciplined fools.  The choice is simple yet fraught with the "struggle...against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  You and I and America and the nations of the earth will win or lose in this cosmic "struggle" to the degree we have "the fear of the LORD" Jesus Christ.  The Word, Jesus, "the Christ of God," says to you, to me, to the planet, "Come, my children, listen to Me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I say with the hymn writer of old, "Out of my shameful failure and loss, Jesus, I come!...Out of unrest and arrogant pride, Jesus, I come!  Out of myself to dwell in Thy love, Jesus I come to Thee!  Amen.
****************************************************
*  News You Need @: www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
       

Blog Archive