Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Christ Has Become A Servant of the Jews"

"Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves.  Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." (Romans 15:1)
 
Yesterday, outside the White House gates, Sarah, my sister, Kate, and I were standing with Israel and the Jews, holding signs, chanting, the whole nine yards.  At one point, I was standing next to an Orthodox Jew who was old enough to have been in the Holocaust.  He had a sign with a photo of the paratroopers who took the Temple Mount in June of 1967.  He held it as though it were a family photo.  It was.  I put my arm on his shoulder and just winked and smiled at him--- a completed gentile, honoring a child of Abraham.  The trip to DC, the standing for hours, the brief confrontation with police, everything was worth it in that moment. I was not just pleasing myself.  I was pleasing him, my neighbor, my brother, as my Dad used to say, "one of the Lord's relatives."  Glorious moment.
 
You and I will have more opportunities in the days ahead to "not just please ourselves" on behalf of the Jews and Israel.  What will you do?  The Bible says, "For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy...."  Whose servant will you become "on behalf of God's truth?"
  
Father, in Jesus' Name, Bless the man I stood with yesterday.  May he have seen You in me.  Amen.
***********************************************
Keep up to date on prophetic news:    www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com 
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive