Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Which Commandments Do I Keep

"Which Ones?"  (Matthew 19:18)

I head out for Romania tomorrow.  May not have access to a computer until I get back, but I thought I would comment on this text.  The rich man came to Jesus asking for eternal life.  Jesus said, "Keep the commandments."  The man's response was interesting.  "Which ones?"  What made him think that commands were optional, some to keep, some to break, some to ignore?  When you or I choose which commands to obey and which to not obey, we start our own religion.   That ends in death.

I know the teaching that there are ritual commands, dietary commands, commands fulfilled in Jesus Christ.  But here is my approach to the whole commandment thing.  Think of every possible way to keep them rather than every possible way to break them.  Anyway, "His commandments are not grievous"------------------------------ though many have acted otherwise.

"Brethren, pray for us."

Father, in Jesus' Name, You see how many of my fellow countrymen have exercised their choosing which commands to obey.  Holy Spirit, convict Your Church in America of such.  Amen.

AOL eMail auf Ihrem Handy!Ab sofort können Sie auch unterwegs Ihre AOL email abrufen. Registrieren Sie sich jetzt kostenlos.

Blog Archive