Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 28, 2008

America! Your Choice: "Feel Good" or "Be Good?"

"[Jesus] said to her,...'Has no one condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, Lord.'  And Jesus said to her, 'Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.'" (John 8:10b, 11)
 
I said over two years ago that the coming American Presidential Election will be the most obvious choice between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of Darkness we have ever experienced in our nation's history.  This past week has just given more credence to that statement.  America is being seduced and deceived by the biggest lie in its young history.  At the Democrat Convention, the press and public are allowing themselves to be seduced and deceived by speeches which even the speakers don't believe. 
People are deceived because they choose deception, not because they are ignorant.  I had never heard Democrats talk about "faith" until people of faith turned the last two presidential elections.  Hypocrisy has reached a new high. 
 
Jesus is still saying to the sinner today, "Neither do I condemn you.  Go and sin no more."  Jesus' Blood, suffering, death, and resurrection paid for our sin, not for the purpose of continuing in sin, but that we would repent, be forgiven, and live a devout and holy life, a life of total surrender to Jesus Christ, the Word of God.  If you are a person obedient to Jesus Christ, His Word, His Kingdom, you cannot and will not be deceived.  You will hear His word, "Neither do I condemn you," and, you will understand that true repentance embraces and responds to, "Go and sin no more." 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess I rejoice in, "Neither do I condemn you."  I just pray that I may always rejoice equally in, "Go and sin no more."  Amen.   




It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Blog Archive