Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Who Speaks in You"?

"....For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you."  (Matthew 10:20)
 
On the way down here to Washington, DC., I was listening to the Gospel of Matthew.  When I heard our text, I immediately adopted it as a new prayer text.  Yes, there are texts which express similar desires, but our text today is in the commissioning of the Apostles.  It is a classic "missionary" text------------------------------------ and prayer.
 
Adopt it for yourself.  But remember, this promise is for those who are speaking for the Living Triune God, revealed solely in Jesus Christ, and His Eternal Kingdom.  I would not advise presuming that we can claim the text if we are just speaking for ourselves, justifying ourselves, trying to build our own kingdoms.
 
Meditate on the text.  It is perhaps the greatest promise for a witness to Jesus Christ.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, may Your Spirit always speak in me.  Amen.
*****************************************
I had to move my car this afternoon.  The temp read, 94 F.  You work up quite a sweat here in DC just going between buildings, especially with a suit on.  I will share some stuff from this afternoon's Senate Value Action Team meeting when I get back to Johnstown.  Senator Brownback was attending Jesse Helms' funeral.  




Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Blog Archive