Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Your Throne, O God, Is Forever and Ever" ("Fresh" Life From Jerusalem)

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son...."  (Hebrews 1:1, 2a-- NASB) 
 
The word, "His," as you can see is in italics.  This means that the word is not in the Greek text.  It reads, "has spoken to us in Son."  Later in chapter one, Eternal Father says to Eternal Son, Jesus, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever...."  This theology drives the Jew, the Muslim, and humanity crazy with hatred for The New Covenant Faith.  To me, it is our most precious Doctrine. 
 
Many Christians do not grasp the power of The Trinity.  Too many times people refer to Jesus as "the Second Person of the Trinity," and the Holy Spirit as "the Third Person of the Trinity," as though there were some descending order of importance.  Not so.  Son, Jesus, said, "I and Father are One."  The Jews and the Muslims refer to this as polytheism, and astoundingly in many polls over the years, it has been discovered that many Christians also believe their "religion" to be a "three-god" religion.  
 
When I was a college student I read a lot of E. Stanley Jones' works.  I would still highly recommend his writings to anyone interested in "comparative religion" studies.  Jones once liken the relation of Father, and Son Jesus to our thoughts and words.  My thoughts are not separate or different from my words.  My words are my thoughts extended to you, my thoughts made available to you.  This is the relation of Father and Son-----and Holy Spirit.  "But when the Comforter comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me."  We can never fully understand this Great Truth, but we can fully enjoy Him Who is Truth!
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, You are indeed, "God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity!"  Amen. 




Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Blog Archive